Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Working on Playing God Score: SO INSPIRED

PG=100

So this is my blog for the day: (as you might have guessed already)

I'm SO excited to hear what the others have to say, I just emailed them my work.
SO in class today I got the note that the chorus was too "paramore" and not "Amy Weinhouse". I don't see Amy anywhere in my score--- nor did I want to, but I changed the chorus from a major scale to a minor and took it down a notch---
To me it sounds very safe and anti-climatic but I did as I was asked.

They also asked if they could fit in a second chorus at the end to really build up the ending: but they wanted new words.

So I was really uninspired with writing and nothing was coming to me---
so II'm going to be a total crack-head and say that it was something Divine that drew me to looking up Bible quotes on the internet that dealt with the subject of Power.

I hit the mother-load.
This is what I found:

Corinthians 4:20 - For the kingdom of God [is] not in word, but in power.

I'm head-over-heelw in love with this quote: to me it really speaks the spine of the characters in my play---- to me at least. 

So instead of a new chorus I put this in: 

LAYED 15 TIMES!
So it sounds TOTALLLY AWESOMEEEEE
I mixed into a helicopter receptor and a bass guitar riff to make the vocals sound awesome.
Then I found a sample of a crying baby in slow motion and I put that in--- and then "but dialed" a ton of people and put their answering machines (it's okay-- just generic ones) into the mix as well

This is HANDS DOWN the largest MP3 I've ever created...like 394K ?

Point is--- it sounds awesome, because I worked HARD on it. 
I Just sent it to the film group:
TEL MEH WHAT U THINK PEEOPLES!!!!>?!?!?!?
(and yes, I spelled all of the above wrong on purpose. XP)


No comments:

Post a Comment