Sunday, March 30, 2014

BLOGS---i think

Again: informal blogs! (it seems to be my cup of tea lately)

MONDAY:--- did I stay after for rehearsal? I think I did. YES. I DID AND I WROTE THINGS AND YES. so rehersal. woop.

TUESDAY: I had a reading of my play SUPER at Young Playwrights: I personally hate the play and I forgot that I was reading a "9/11" play to teenagers of 9/11----oops. Still they had a lot of great feedback for the next step but I still don't think I am the right person to tell this story. Still, it is under comission so I jsut have perservere! if you for some silly reason want to read the horrid script: (no changes yet:) tada. LINK TO SCRIPT THING

WEDNESDAY: I toured around with guidance members and bragged about school. i got free brunch. Yum. Then I stayed after again. Worked on more music. Wrote 4 songs, learned 1 song, wrote a sing along version AND a kareoke version for "the Graduate"

(Graduate Kareoke)

(I wanna Know Everything)

(Graduate Song-a-long)

(The Blame Song)

(My Philip Glass)

(My Somewhat Philip Glass)

(The Power Puff Girls Theme Song: a request)


THURSDAY: not going to lie. i did nothing. NOTHING. you know why? Because I earned it. Go me.

FRIDAY: I read over the freshmen scripts for hw. Very upset with them. They all (except Jessica) missed their deadlines. I won't tolerate that. They need to learn that it is KEY to being a playwright (and being a respectful and working artist) that when I say "give me your script friday night at 11:00pm" I better have that script by "9:00pm Friday night". Not sunday afternoon saying "lol sorry forgot".

A writer bases their life on getting things in by deadlines. So I told them i won't read their work until their next deadline. They have to learn the hard way. i feel like crap doing that to them but they really do need to learn. Hopefully they will and I can go back to being nice.

I will be worrying with Jessica because she actually listened to me. Go jess.


that was my week.
woop.


-hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment