Monday, January 20, 2014

January 13th, 2014-----January 17th, 2014

(EEP!: I THOUGHT I PUBLISHED THIS ON SATURDAY BUT I ONLY SAVED IT AS A DRAFT! SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY THAT IT IS LATE!)



OKAY!
So----this is an informal blog. Because Although I did a lot this week---I didn't really do anything. So the basics of what went down this week:

1. Crying about college
2. Getting my physical and online(ical) portfolio ready for my Ohio Interview
3. Trying to act like a human being
4. cry some more about my awkwardness in practice interviews with my cats
5. Procrastinate on a script commissioned by Young Playwrights
6. With the extreme help of Ms.Aladren, re-write scenes from Swagspeare to match the new cast list




So lets start with 1.
This is pretty self explanatory. Nerves suck, and so do tear ducks. moving on.


2:
I finished/fixed my web presence to not look shitty and sophomoric. First I changed all my Dox. to Pdf. and then I took out (most) BEAUTIFUL pictures of my face(XP). THEN I re-wrote my bio, formatted an artistic statement, etc.
All in all, it is pretty neat. Check it out!
http://hayleyschool.wix.com/hayleytrachtenberg


3: this was a painful task, but I think I've gotten better at it. Moving on----

4: oh yes! I've been doing mock interviews with my parents and my cats. my cats are much better at it: they make me less nervous.

5: So I have a commission from Young Playwrights to write a 10-20 minute play---and I gave them my pitches so now I am committed to this really cool idea of mine----BUT I completely forgot how to art. I  have been doing SO SO SO SO SO much research on my "Millaeu" (October 31st, 2001)-- and comic book research, religion research, Heck-- I could write a 25 page paper on all of it!
But apparently, I can't write a 10 page play on it. I just need to sit down and do it: dead line (for the start of it at least) is Tuesday! eeep!

6: Oh, yes! So rehearsal on----Thursday? Yes, Thursday---we cut loose a bunch of actors and Aladren----basically wrote new parts of Swagspeare----and really opened my eyes to how much i have wasted on that play. instead of focusing on the satirical elements of the work, I focused on the cheap comedic pop-culture---which I went down astray paths--and would rather not go into detail about. I re-wrote the opening monologue, Tempest, MacBeth, and Two Gentlemen of Verona. Aladren had assisted in plot line/theme/everything--and I just physically did it. I am still really lost at specific plays: Such as Othello and Taming of the shrew--- now that we no longer have a "kanye west"----which I am trying to figure out how to take out of Swagspeare all together---but I can't seem to find any way.
Still editing----


That was my week!
(AND I DID MY OHIO INTERVEIW AND SUCH---but that is a blog for another day. More to come!)





No comments:

Post a Comment