Monday, September 27, 2010

Buried Child..still?

Ok, i realllywant this play to be over, i dont know what else i can talk about. My fingers hurt from writing about gabes hai, and my mind is mush from dance class.
I can tdance; i like it but i suck.
sadly.
But that's not the piont of this Journal!!! (sadly)
Ok, so i re-re-viewed Buried Child by Sam Shepard. The plot was buried, but i dug deep enoguh to find it..i think. I really want to say that i liked it..but i just cant. i mean, i can acknowladge that its a great play; but..its not really my thing. I like murder mysteries, where dreams become nightmares, where love and passion rip the seems of time; (perhaps i should go into playwrighting instead of acting! hmmmm), Buried child, to me, was about old people. pills, inbreading, corn, and a really weird and piontless plot. The symbolism was amazing! ill give Shepard creedit for that, but its not one of my favortie pieces of work. I still dont understand why Bradley shoved his hand in shelly's mouth, help? PLEASE! anyways, ill go and re-view it again, hopefully understanding it THIS time around.
Wish me luck world,
Hayley Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment