Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sam Shepard and the 40 year old virgin

PG= 100

For theater, we are reading the play "Buried Child" by Sam Shepard, where we are just meeting the character of Tilden. Tilden lives with Dodge and Halie, he is their son. Tilden is in his late-40’s and appears to be the spitting image of a red-neck American. He wears plaid and suspenders and a windbreaker, which is a type of jacket. He even spits in a spittoon! How much more red-neck could you get? He has a son, Vince, who is around twenty. I just think that’s its sad that a 40 year old man is living with his parents. at this time in his life he should be going out, or GETTING A HOUSE OF HIS OWN. I think it’s pathetic actually.
I think that eventually in the play, Tilden will finally move out; but that's just a hypothesis. He really should, though. it just makes me think; because we don’t really know why he is living with his parents. I hope to find out soon.
Wish me luck world,
Hayley Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment