Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Yoga"?

PG = 100

Yesterday, in theater we did some...'yoga'. I don’t know exactly what to call it. It STARTED off as yoga, with simple moves that strengthen your core and your gluteus/legs/thighs. Then Ms.Aledren, (our theater teacher), made us do a hypnosis acting warm-up. You see, the idea behind the theory is to have two actors; one is walking around moving they're hand in all different places around the stage. The other actor fallowed the hand, as if under a trance. The hand would be the only thing visible.
I never realized how physical acting could be! Well, I mean...I had an idea, but I never experienced it! I’ve done lots of excursuses, hard ones, one's that make you sweat...a lot...but I have never EVER done so much excursive in my life! I am almost positive that Ms.Aledren melted my brain away. I swear that i almost died of a heat stroke; not only were jumping around in strenuous quick movements, but we were doing it under the heat of the stage lights! It really opened my eyes up and I questioned what the hell I was doing there. Then I realized; it’s because I like to act. I knew that I had to do this and ya, it was going to be hard but I decided to do this. And I’m not quitting. It’s going to be hard, like, REALLY hard; near impossible. But this is what I want to do. It was a really good way to get in touch with my body, and realize how out of shape I was in, and now I know my strengths and weaknesses. So, I’m not quitting; and I am REALLY looking forward to the next time that we do "yoga", in class...Which I think is Thursday or Monday....but the point is, I really know what I’m doping now. I’m not sure how to do it yet, but I’m looking forward to epically failing and learning how to do it right.
Wish me luck!
Hayley Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment