Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Through my Brown eyes

Ok. This is my first joural on Harold Pinter's "Old Times". I secretly finished it in less than an hour; facinated by the choas that in which it has made of my brain. Throughly, i love it. My eyes glued to the paper with intense excitment, in not wanting a meaning but enjoying the randomness it was. I loved how it truely had no plot line. It was alike Burried child; the plot burried. But this plot was 6ft under with a concret layer on top; almost invisible. But i loved it. Why? beacsue it left so much to the imagination, that this play was truely whatever iw anted it to be. Through my brown eyes i enturpreted it like this:
Kate is insaine. She is imagining the images of Anna and Deeley, who she had butally murdered. Kate was living with Anna at the time, twenty-something years ago....when it all began. Deeley was 'dating' Kate at the time, whe he was having an affair with Anna, who fell in love with him. Kate found out and was enragded and killed both of them. Now the PLAY was Kate reliving them throguh their ghoshts. For she truely never was loved, and now they (anna and Deeley) are fighting for Kate's attention and affection. Anna and Deeley arn't reall there, only figures of the imagination.
But thats how i enturpreteded it. For the rest of my journals on "old times", i will probably re-read and come up with a new more interesting plot line, are just little notes on pinter. But i love his work, and the insainity of his play.
Wish me luck world,
Hayley Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment