Monday, January 24, 2011

the dude that wrote fences...ya that guy

ok.

At my grandma's house (like i mentioned earlier), so i dont have Fences with me...so i did a  lil' research on August Wilson.

(i couldn't remember his name for a few minutes, so i type in "that guy that wrote fences and stuff' into google...so...ya.)

(btw...his name is august wilson.) (jsut so we both r clear...cuz i forgot! i feel so stupid)

Ok, so he is really interesting!
Especially his playgerism thingy. (thingy? really hayley? god i sound like such a teenager!)

He started writing at a young age, and thats very impressive. And to still continue to write after being accused of playgerism?
kids, got guts.

When i was in school i wrote a 95 thesis on my thoguhts of my history teacher ( she tought us all the wrong things about Martin Luther.) (she probably got it all from wikapedia). (lmfaooo)
and i tapped it to her classroom door.

I was accused of playgerism. (which shocked me because i thoguht i would get in trouble for writing it in the first place! but hey! i dont mind getting away with things...) =)
So anyways, i was really pissed and i never wrote anything ever again in history.
I mean, it sucked.
I felt terrible. I mean, to be accused of that.

It makes you wonder.
why.
why was i accused? why me? why dont they like it? why DO they like it? do they think its good? fake?

it worrying. and to have guts like that is amazing.
truely phanominal.
<3

I also found out that Fences, was Wilson's 2nd play to hit broadway, and brought him the Pulitzer Prize for Drama in 1987....even though fences was written about the 1950's.
he also won the smae prize again in 1990 for his play, the piano lesson.
Which i will read once i find time.

Hayley Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Welcome the goddess of the moon and the night,
    Bless us with wisdom, bless us with might.
    Give us tonight, the power to heal,
    The power to release the magick so real.

    ...thanks!...sweet Lady!

    ReplyDelete